Chickpea Salad with Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Corn and Black Beans
The corn and beans in this salad offer up to 13 grams of fiber to help alleviate pregnancy constipation. Corn also has lutein, which is important for your baby's eye development, and tomatoes are loaded with vitamin C.
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely diced jalapeno (seeds optional)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons well-packed, very finely chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon well-packed, very finely chopped mint
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ears of corn, husk removed
- 1 1/2 pounds variety-pack cherry tomatoes (preferably heirloom), halved
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breast, skin removed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups loosely packed baby lettuce
1. In a small bowl, briskly whisk all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
2. Place corn in a large pot and fill with water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, until corn is tender. remove corn from water and allow to cool enough to handle.
3. Using a sharp knife, remove corn from cob over a large bowl. add beans, chicken and half the salad dressing. Using a spoon, mix gently until all ingredients are well incorporated. add cherry tomatoes and toss again. add dressing to taste.
4. To serve, divide lettuce among four shallow salad bowls. top each with 11/2 cups chicken salad.