Chickpeas with Garam Masala Purée
Garam Masala has one of those fabulous, exotic names that scare most people off when they see it in the spice aisle. It's actually a mix of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, black pepper and coriander. This dish has a mix of protein, vegetables a starch and is vegetarian.
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 1/4 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup brown rice, steamed
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained (canned or fresh that have been soaked overnight and cooked)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped, canned or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1. Add cauliflower to a steamer basket over boiling water.
2. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the peas and cook for a total of 5 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
4. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
5. Cool and serve.
- *Place in Baby Cubes and freeze.
- Recipe by Catherine McCord courtesy of weelicious.com