Chinese Five-Spice Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 to 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 Asian pear, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons Chinese hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chinese plum sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Rub pork tenderloin (or tofu) with Chinese five-spice powder. (If making tofu, follow package directions for cooking.) Roast in a shallow pan for 15 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature is 160 degrees F. Remove tenderloin and let it set for 10 minutes before cutting into 12 slices.
2. While tenderloin cooks, coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add Asian pear and saute for 3 minutes, then add pineapple, hoisin sauce and plum sauce, stirring to combine well. Cook additional 5 minutes or until all fruits are completely heated. Pour sauce and fruit over tenderloin or tofu, garnish with green onions and serve immediately.