Chipotle Beef Burgers
Refuel your mom-energy tank: Grill up this yummy protein powerhouse of a hamburger tonight.
- 1 pound 88% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 4 1/2 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 4 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 large slices tomato
1. Combine ground beef (or soy patty) with chili powder and green chilies. Shape into 4 patties. Grill over medium heat, turning once, until beef burgers are 155 degrees F to 160 degrees F. (Cook soy patties according to package directions.) While burgers cook, mash avocado in small bowl and mix with cilantro, garlic and lime juice.
2. Serve burgers on whole-grain buns topped with lettuce, tomato and avocado-lime spread.