Cocoa-Nutty Crispie Balls
Whoever invented these instant-gratification treats has my gratitude this long, lazy weekend. If only everything in life came together as pleasingly as hundreds of rice crispies glued to each other with chocolate-mallow glop.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 10 1/2 ounce bag marshmallows
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup finely grated dried coconut, toasted if desired
- pinch salt
- 8 cups brown rice crispies
1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the marshmallows, almond butter, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smoothly melted. Off the heat, stir in the rice crispies until they are evenly coated.
2. With slightly damp hands, roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Store between waxed paper in a container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.