Corn and Squash Summer Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound summer squash, such as patty pan, thinly sliced
- 2 poblano peppers, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ears corn, kernels sliced from the cob
- For serving: warm corn tortillas, refried beans, green salsa, sliced avocado, crumbled ricotta salata, light sour cream, diced white onion, cilantro leaves
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and saute until limp, about 5 minutes. Add the squash, poblanos and cumin and saute until the vegetables are tender and the squash is beginning to take on color, about 8 more minutes.
2. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and add the corn. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
3. To serve, spread refried beans on a corn tortilla, top with the summer squash mixture, then garnish with salsa, avocado, cheese, sour cream, onion and cilantro.