Corn and Zucchini Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces spaghetti, broken into inch-long pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (about 2 cups)
- 2 ears corn, shucked, kernels sliced off the cobs
- 2 tablespoons each chopped parsley and fresh mint
- Black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the oil and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the spaghetti and raise the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, until the pasta and onion begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Pour the chicken stock into the pot and bring to a boil. Add the rice and a pinch of salt, stir, and cover. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
3. Mound the zucchini and corn on top of the rice, cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Add the herbs, toss the rice well, season with pepper and salt if needed and serve.