Creamy Elbows With Cheese
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked elbow noodles
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the elbow noodles and cook until tender and liquid is almost absorbed, about 8 minutes. Cover and keep warm.
2. Place ricotta cheese in a food processor or blender and pulse until glossy and smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour ricotta into noodles and mix well. Stir in Romano and Parmesan cheeses and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.