Crunchy Pear Salad
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups (packed) baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shavings
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
1. Mix together pear slices and spinach in a salad bowl. Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard and shallot in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss pear and spinach with enough dressing to coat evenly. Place on salad plates and top with Parmesan shavings and walnuts. Serve immediately.