Curry Egg Salad Wraps
A healthier take on the traditional sandwich stuffer, this recipe includes sunflower seeds to add crunch, plus vitamin E, which can help your offspring avoid asthma, and folate, which helps reduce the risk for neural-tube defects, such as spina bifida. Two large eggs per day deliver 250 milligrams of choline, more than half of the recommended daily pregnancy dose.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped radishes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or dill, chives or cilantro)
- 8 large bibb, boston or butter lettuce leaves
1. Place eggs in medium saucepan and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When water reaches a boil, immediately cover saucepan, remove from heat and let sit 12 minutes. Place eggs in ice water for 3 minutes to stop the cooking. When cooled, rinse under cold water to peel. Chop coarsely.
2. In a large bowl, stir together greek yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper until combined. add chopped eggs, celery, radishes, red onion, sunflower seeds and fresh parsley and stir until combined.
3. Divide egg mixture evenly among lettuce leaves (about 1/4 cup each). Roll up and serve.