Dark Chocolate Ganache Truffles
These rich chocolate truffles from chocolatier Andrea Pedraza, owner of CocoAndre, are actually a quick and easy Valentine's Day dessert.
- 8 ounces dark chocolate (60 percent or higher), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Cocoa powder, to taste
1. Place chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
2. Pour cream into a saucepan; add salt. Over medium-high heat, bring cream just to a boil, then remove from stove.
3. Add butter to cream and mix until combined, returning to heat if necessary; immediately pour over the chocolate. Using a wooden spoon, mix until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Form ganache into balls. Pour cocoa powder into a bowl and roll each truffle in powder, shaking off excess as you remove. Enjoy immediately or store in fridge for up to 5 days.