Ease the Quease
Give morning sickness a one-two punch of ginger and citrus with this fizzy beverage.
- 1 knob unpeeled raw ginger (about 3-4 inches), scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 8 ounces sparkling mineral water
1. For the syrup, place ginger and lime juice in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Cook uncovered until juice is reduced by one-quarter, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, cover and steep for 20 minutes.
4. Strain liquid and discard ginger. Stir in honey; place syrup in the fridge until ready to use.
5. Put ice in a 12-ounce glass. Add 2 tablespoons syrup and fill with water. Stir and drink immediately.