Farmers Market Grand Aioli With Tarragon Dipping Sauce
Le Grand Aioli is a traditional French dish of simply prepared fish and vegetables. Our version uses protein-packed salmon, rich in omega-3 fatty acids, essential for you babay's brain development. Potatoes, broccoli, carrots, asparagus and summer squash all boast vitamins A (essential to the development of your baby's vital organs) C and K, and potassium.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 cup tarragon leaves, rinsed and patted dry (discard any tough stems)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 10 whole peppercorns
- 4 3 ounces salmon filets
- 3/4 pound baby potatoes
- 1/2 pound baby broccoli, lower ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound thin asparagus, lower ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound baby summer squash
1. To make the tarragon sauce, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use (up to 3 days).
2. For the aioli, put onion, celery, lemon, bay leaves, garlic cloves and peppercorns in a medium-sized pot. Add water until pot is three-quarters full. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook uncovered 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and gently submerge salmon filets into hot liquid. Cover pan and cook for 7 minutes. Remove cooked salmon and set aside. Discard any liquid.
4. In a medium pot, place potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until tender. Drain potatoes and set aside.
5. Fill large pot with 2 inches of water, place steamer basket inside and bring water to boil. reduce heat to medium-high and carefully arrange broccoli, carrots, asparagus and squash in steamer basket. Cover and cook 4 to 7 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Drain vegetables and arrange on a large platter with the salmon and cooked potatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature with tarragon sauce.