Fish Fillets with Saffron, Tomatoes and Corn
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups corn kernels (sliced from 2 ears)
- 1 pound delicate fish fillets such as red snapper or scrod
- Chopped chives, for sprinkling
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Crumble the saffron into a bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Set aside.
2. In a wide, shallow saucepan, warm the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the saffron liquid and bring to a boil. Simmer until the tomatoes are saucy, about 8 minutes.
3. Add the corn, cover, and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Nestle the fish fillets into the sauce, spooning sauce over them, and cover the pan. Cook, covered, just until the fish is opaque throughout, 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
4. Sprinkle the fish with chives and season with pepper. Serve the fillets on top of the corn and tomato mixture in shallow bowls.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.