Fresh Sesame Noodles
- 8 ounces fine linguine
- 1 medium kohlrabi, tough outer skin sliced away, flesh cut into 1/2-inch matchsticks
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 scallion, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tart, crunchy apple, such as Pink Lady, cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water until just al dente, then add the kohlrabi and cook 3 more minutes. Drain the pasta and kohlrabi and cool under cold running water, then drain well.
2. Meanwhile, grind the sesame seeds to a coarse powder using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Transfer to a salad bowl and stir in the scallion, cilantro and sauces.
3. Toss the noodles and kohlrabi with the sesame mixture to coat. Serve garnished with apple matchsticks and cilantro leaves.
- Find more healthy and kid-friendly recipes on Mom Appetit's blog.