Ginger-Lime Chicken Gyoza Soup
The best single reason for keeping frozen gyoza on hand. This is a delicious soup.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 quart low-sodium, organic chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound frozen chicken pot stickers (gyoza)
- 1/2 cup chopped, loosely packed cilantro
- 1 - 3 teaspoons hot sauce, to taste
1. Heat oil in a medium stockpot over medium heat. Add onion and celery and saute, stirring often, until vegetables are soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and carrots and saute 3 more minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in fresh ginger, then add chicken broth, lime juice and soy sauce. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Add pot stickers and continue boiling until cooked through. Stir in cilantro and add hot sauce to taste just before serving.