Ginger, Mango and Pineapple Crisp
- 1 1-pound package frozen mango chunks
- 1 1-pound package frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place frozen mango and pineapple chunks in a large bowl. Add fresh and candied ginger, lime juice, cornstarch and brown sugar and toss. Set aside.
2. To make topping, place brown sugar, flour, oats and ground ginger in a food processor bowl and pulse 2 to 3 times until ingredients are blended together. Add butter and pulse 3 to 4 more times, until mixture forms clumps.
3. Place mango mixture in a large glass casserole dish. Sprinkle topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for 30 minutes, until topping is crisp and fruit is cooked through. Serve warm, topped with a small scoop of frozen yogurt.