Gluten-Free Cookie: Almond Crisps
Looking for a healthy snack during pregnancy? Look no further. The nuts in this cookie help foster your baby's bone development.
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (12 ounces) sliced almonds with skins, lightly toasted
1. Position racks in the center and top third of oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy, then mix in sugar and vanilla. Gently fold almonds into mixture.
3. Place a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter on top of prepared baking sheet. Fill with 2 tablespoons of almond mixture and press down to flatten. Remove cutter and shape remaining crisps, spacing them 1 inch apart.
4. Bake for 8 minutes, then switch the trays' positions and cook for 5 minutes more or until golden. Remove from oven and cool cookies on a wire rack.