Grain and Corn Salad
- 1 cup pearled grains, such as farro, spelt, freekah or a mixture
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup shaved pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs such as basil, chives, parsley, cilantro or a mixture
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the grains. Boil until tender yet still toothsome, 20-25 minutes. Add the corn and cook for 5 more minutes. Drain. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the onion and vinegar with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the drained grains to the bowl, followed by the remaining ingredients. Serve at any temperature.
- Find out more about this recipe including step-by-step photos on Mom Appetit's blog.