Green Bean, Corn and Tomato Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lowfat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels (shaved from 2 ears summer corn)
- 2 handfuls steamed green or wax beans
- 1 cup sliced ripe tomatoes
- Handful torn fresh basil leaves (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine the onion, vinegar and salt and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Whisk in the buttermilk and mayonnaise and season with pepper.
2. Arrange corn, beans and tomatoes on salad plates. Drizzle with buttermilk dressing. Scatter fresh basil leaves over the salad if desired.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.