Grilled Chicken Tenders with Peach Barbecue Sauce
Tenders cook quickly so you can spend time chatting with friends instead of fussing over the grill. You'll also benefit from their payload of protein, a building block for Baby's development.
- 3 medium peaches
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
1. Slice peaches in half, remove pits and then roughly chop. Place peaches, tomato paste, shallots, garlic, cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, allspice, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and 1/4 cup water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Divide peach sauce among 2 bowls.
2. Preheat grill to medium. Brush chicken tenders with oil and season with remaining salt and pepper, grill for 3 minutes, flip and spread on half of the peach sauce. Continue to grill until inside is no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. (Time will vary depending on tenders' size and thickness.) Remove chicken from grill and brush on the reserved peach sauce that was not in contact with raw meat. If you like, heat remaining sauce to serve on the side.
- Recipe by Matthew Kadey, M.S., R.D.
- Heat-resistant, silicon-tipped tongs make flipping smaller items like chicken tenders and fruit on the grill grate a breeze.