Healthy Dessert: Walnut Banana Pudding
Bananas serve as a base and give body to many Organic Avenue smoothies; similarly they can work their magic in puddings to thicken and bind, while adding something sweet.
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, soaked in water overnight, then drained
- 1 ripe banana, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (see note below)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a blender, combine all the ingredients and blend from low to high speed until silky smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the machine once or twice.
2. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm up.
3. Spoon into dessert bowls and serve.
- We use vanilla powder rather than vanilla extract because vanilla powder is alcohol- free and available in its raw state; you can find it in some natural food stores and online.
- Reprinted with permission from ORGANIC AVENUE: Recipes for Life, Made with LOVE (William Morrow)