Homemade Baby Food Recipe with Carrot and Avocado
Avocados are particularly high in the antioxidant lutein, which promotes healthy eyes and skin, while carrots are rich in vitamin A (also great for Baby's eyes) and disease-fighting antioxidants. For babies 6 months and up
- 4 medium carrots (preferably organic), peeled and chopped
- 1/2 ripe avocado, scooped out of skin
1. Pour water into a medium pot until it's about 1 inch deep and bring to a boil.
2. Place carrots in a steamer basket and position the basket inside the pot. (The water shouldn't touch the bottom of the basket.) Cover with a tight lid and steam for 7 to 10 minutes, until carrots are easily pierced with a fork.
3. Place carrots and avocado in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add a little water, breast milk or formula while blending, if necessary, to achieve a smooth consistency.
4. Test the temp if you're serving right away. In an airtight container, this puree will stay fresh for 1 to 2 days in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.