Lemon-Basil Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 bunch fresh basil, rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- 1 cup fresh whole-wheat bread crumbs (about 2 slices bread)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Rind of 1 lemon, grated
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well to blend. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into 1/2-inch-thick patties.
2. If serving immediately, place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over low heat. Add patties to skillet and cook for 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until burgers are cooked through.
3. To freeze, seal uncooked patties in plastic wrap. To serve, thaw burgers in refrigerator overnight and cook as indicated above.