Lemon Rice Pudding
Comforting, creamy, and perked up with the refined taste of lemon.
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 1/2 cups 2 percent low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Grate zest from lemon. Cut lemon in half and squeeze 1 tablespoon juice into a small bowl; set zest and juice aside. Discard remaining lemon.
2. In a heavy saucepan, combine lemon zest, rice, raisins, sugar, nutmeg and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring mixture just to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often, or until rice is tender and pudding is creamy.
3. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Serve warm or cold.