Lemony Quinoa Pilaf with Cauliflower and Pine Nuts
If you don't mind using another small skillet, toast the pine nuts in the olive oil and pour the hot mixture over the rest of the pilaf.
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained three times
- 1 1/2 cups roasted, steamed or sauteed cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins or chopped green olives, optional
- 2 scallions, minced
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, plus additional
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring the stock to a simmer in a small saucepan and stir in the drained, rinsed quinoa. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the grains expand and the liquid is absorbed, 20-25 minutes.
2. Toss the quinoa with the remaining ingredients, season with salt, pepper and added lemon juice as desired, and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Find out more about the recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.