Lentil-Veggie Soup Baby Food Recipe
With fresh tomatoes and legumes, this medley offers vitamin C and protein. For babies ages 8 months and up
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 ounces (about 2 cups) fresh baby spinach
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. In a medium heavy saucepan, combine water, lentils, tomatoes and carrot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils and vegetables are very tender. Turn off the heat and stir in spinach, basil and olive oil.
2. Transfer the mixture to a blender and puree to a slightly chunky texture, adding water to thin the soup, if desired.