A hit of citrus combats morning sickness.
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/3 cup light olive oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 - 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat sugar, olive oil, egg and honey with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in lime zest and flour mixture until combined (it will be somewhat sticky). On a floured work surface, form dough into a log about 8 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter; wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm.
4. Slice the chilled dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a wire rack placed over wax paper and cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together confectioner's sugar, lime juice and lime zest, adding more juice if necessary to thin the glaze. Drizzle glaze over cookies and let set for 15 minutes.