Make Your Own Mocktail: The Non-Alcoholic Frozen Watermelon Mojito
Stay cool this summer with this booze-free beverage.
- 4 cups seedless watermelon chunks (About 3 1/2 lb watermelon)
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rum extract, optional
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced, plus extra for garnish
1. Puree watermelon chunks in a blender to yield about 3 cups of watermelon puree.
2. Pour about 2 cups into 1 standard sized ice cube tray and freeze till solid (several hours or overnight) and reserve remaining watermelon puree in refrigerator.
3. When ready to make mojitos, place tray of watermelon puree cubes (16 cubes), reserved watermelon puree, lemon-lime soda, lime juice, and rum extract in blender.
4. Blend until smooth. Stir in fresh mint and pour into 2 tall glasses or 4 martini glasses. Garnish with additional fresh mint. Umbrella optional.
- If making real mojitos eliminate the rum extract and add 1/4-1/3 cup rum to each batch depending on how strong you want your drinks (you may want to add more lime juice if it tastes too sweet). This recipe is easily doubled or tripled for a crowd - just prepare them in multiple blender batches following the instructions above.