Excerpted from Around the World in 80 Purees: Easy Recipes for Global Baby Food by Leena Saini.
- 3 tablespoons infant oatmeal cereal
- 2 ripe mangoes, or 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons water, breastmilk, or formula
- 1 - 2 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt, optional
1. PREP: Prepare oatmeal according to package directions. Peel mangoes and cut into chunks; you should have 2 cups. (If using frozen fruit, allow to defrost.)
2. MAKE: Place mangoes in a mini food processor and puree, adding liquids as necessary to blend. For younger babies, puree until smooth. Leave a bit chunkier for babies over 9 months old.
3. SERVE: Transfer puree to a small bowl. Add oatmeal and yogurt (if using) and stir well to combine. Serve immediately.