Maple-Ginger Plum Parfaits
- 1 pound ripe Italian (prune) plums, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 peeled fresh ginger root
- Lowfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt, for serving
- Toasted sliced almonds and/or granola or Grape Nuts, for sprinkling
1. Combine the plums, syrup, sugar and ginger in a small saucepan and cook, covered, over low heat for 5 minutes. Uncover the pan and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until saucy, about 10 minutes. Discard the ginger. Serve the plums and sauce over yogurt, sprinkled with almonds and/or granola.