Maple-Glazed Rutabaga with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
A side-dish so good, you'll want to make a meal out of it.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 6 cups peeled and cubed rutabagas (approximately 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine butter, maple syrup, orange zest, garlic and salt in a large bowl. Add rutabagas and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet and cook until tender, about 40 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, toast pumpkin seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat until browned, about 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
4. Top rutabagas with pumpkin seeds and serve.