Mediterranean-Style Nachos Recipe
This spin on the snack lets you indulge in cheesy goodness without getting enorme.
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 8 ounce bag plain pita chips
- 2/3 cup prepared hummus
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons mint, 1 teaspoon honey and garlic. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining lemon juice and honey with olive oil, vinegar and salt. Add tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives; toss well.
3. Arrange pita chips on an ovenproof platter. Dot with small dollops of hummus; sprinkle with all but 2 tablespoons feta.
4. Bake for 5 minutes, then top with dollops of yogurt sauce. Stir tomato mixture well and, using a slotted utensil to drain excess liquid, spoon over nachos. Sprinkle with remaining mint. Serve immediately.