Mommy's Little Helper (Green Tea Punch)
- 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup loose green tea leaves (not powdered tea)
- Large handful fresh mint, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 ripe peach, halved and pitted
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup light agave nectar (or to taste)
1. Squeeze the lime half into a small bowl, reserving the squeezed-out rind. In a large heatproof bowl, combine the tea, mint and squeezed lime half (reserving the juice separately). Pour the boiling water over the tea and let steep for 6 minutes.
2. Strain the tea into another large bowl, pushing on the solids with a spoon before discarding them. In a blender or food processor, puree half the peach with about 1/2 cup of the strained tea mixture and 2 teaspoons of the reserved lime juice. Strain this mixture into the tea mixture. Stir in the agave.
3. Add 1 1/2 cups (1 standard tray) ice cubes to the tea mixture. Slice the second half of the peach into 6 wedges. Serve the tea over more ice, garnishing each glass with a peach slice and a mint sprig.
- If desired, the punch can be spiked with rum.
- To make tea punch pops, increase the agave to 1 cup and freeze in popsicle molds.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.