Napa Cabbage and Egg Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 scallions, white and green minced and kept separate
- 1/2-inch ginger root, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 4 cups sliced Napa cabbage (about 1/2 small cabbage)
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Sesame oil and sriracha, for serving
1. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat and add the canola oil. Add the carrot, scallion whites and ginger and stir-fry until browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the cabbage and stir-fry until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the hoisin, soy and vinegar and stir for 1 minute.
3. Clear the center of the pan and pour in the eggs. Gently fold to scramble, then turn off the heat and fold the eggs into the cabbage. Serve garnished with scallion greens, sesame oil and sriracha.