- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted nuts (we used almonds, then threw in some extra pecans), such as cashews, almonds, hazelnuts and/or peanuts
- 3 - 4 tablespoons canola or sunflower oil (we probably used 5 - of grapeseed oil)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 coarse sea salt
1. Pulse the nuts in a food processor until finely ground. With the motor running, drizzle in oil until the mixture becomes a creamy paste, then add the honey and salt. Add a few more nuts just at the end of processing if you'd like a crunchy nut butter. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Adapted from River Cottage Every Day, by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.