Nutty Asian Noodles
- 1 pound spaghetti or thin ramen-style noodles
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 small garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- 1 scallion, chopped, for garnish
1. Cook the noodles in salted water until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl. Top with veggies, meat and cilantro as desired.
2. Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the nut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger and garlic until thoroughly smooth. This sauce can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Mix well before pouring over freshly cooked noodles.
3. Pour the sauce over the center of the noodles and toppings, sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions, toss and serve right away.
- cucumber sticks, carrot matchsticks, beansprouts, cooked chopped chicken or pork, cilantro leaves, chile-garlic sauce
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.