Passion Fruit Thyme Mocktail
Embrace your passion for summer-friendly beverages - even when you're preggo.
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (such as Stirrings Simple Syrup, or make your own; instructions below)
- 1 passion fruit, cut in half
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 ounces distilled water
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice (or 1 cup pineapple chunks, juice extracted in a juicer)
1. To make simple syrup, combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir until sugar dissolves, then increase heat until mixture comes to a boil.
3. Remove from heat after about three minutes and allow to cool.
4. Chill cooled syrup in refrigerator for 2 hours before using (remaining syrup will keep refrigerated for up to one month; use to sweeten iced tea, lemonade and other beverages).
5. Scoop the pulp from the passion fruit.
6. In a pint mixing glass, add pulp and one sprig of thyme and press several times with a cocktail muddler.
7. Add distilled water, lime juice, simple syrup and pineapple juice.
8. Fill glass with ice and shake vigorously for about 6 seconds.
9. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve.