Pasta Salad with Spinach and Lima Beans
- 8 ounces short pasta, such as gemelli
- 1/2 cup frozen lima beans or edamame
- 2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large bunch spinach, thick stems removed, chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Add the lima beans or edamame five minutes before draining the pasta.
2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and a pinch of salt; saute until beginning to color, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and garlic and continue cooking until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 2 minutes. Add the spinach, cover and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
3. Uncover the pan and add the drained pasta and beans to the vegetables. Turn off the heat and add the balsamic. Toss until well combined. Taste and add oil, salt, pepper and balsamic as needed. Garnish with the parmesan and serve at any temperature.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.