Pasta with Salmon, Peas and Yogurt
- 8 ounces orechiette or other pasta shape
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 8 ounces wild salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 cups freshly shelled or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons white wine or water
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add the onion and saute until beginning to brown, about 3 minutes. Clear the onions from the center of the pan and add the salmon. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Flip the salmon, add the peas and wine or water and cover. Cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, until the salmon is opaque on the outside but still translucent at the center. Take the pan off the heat until the pasta is ready.
4. Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss, breaking the salmon up. Fold in the yogurt. Take some out for kids; for adults, sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper.