A twist on the childhood fave packs cramp-nixing potassium.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (no salt added)
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup all-fruit raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, banana, sugar and egg white with a wooden spoon or electric mixer set to medium until smooth. Add the flour mixture gradually and beat until combined.
4. Form dough into 1-inch balls, place on baking sheet 1 inch apart and make an indentation in the center of each cookie with your thumb. Fill each indentation with about 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned and jam is just starting to bubble. Let cool 5 minutes on sheet; transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.