Peanut Butter Pumpkin Bars
These no-bake bars make for the perfect grab-and-go breakfasts. Made with peanut butter and oatbran, they're loaded with protein and fiber to keep you full for hours. It also contains pumpkin, which is a top source of the vitamin A your baby needs to develop a healthy heart, lungs and kidneys. For an extra protein boost, trade the milk powder for protein power.
- 3/4 cup unsalted natural peanut butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups granola of choice, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup non-instant milk powder
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Place peanut butter, pumpkin and molasses in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is moist. (It should have a thick consistency.)
2. Pour mixture in a greased or parchment paper-lined 8-by-8 inch baking pan. Spread evenly until it's about 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle additional granola on top and press down lightly.
3. Place pan in the freezer until firm, about 1 hour. Slice into 12 bars and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.