- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons instant dry powdered skim milk
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 package fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup fat-free chocolate sauce
- 15 peppermint candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the skim milk powder with the skim milk, and stir until dissolved.
2. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, applesauce, egg whites, peppermint extract and skim milk mixture. Beat 60 strokes by hand. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Do not overbake.
3. When the brownies are cool, cut them into 15 pieces. Top each with 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla ice cream, 1 tablespoon fat-free chocolate sauce and 1 peppermint candy.