Portuguese Winter Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pre-chopped onions
- 1 cup pre-cut carrot "coins"
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1-pound bag fresh chopped kale
- 1/2 pound linguica sausage
- 4 14 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 1-pound bag precooked, diced red potatoes
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 4 minutes. Add the kale, sausage and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Add potatoes and cook 5 minutes more.