A seasonal twist on classic custard.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups reduced fat or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and pumpkin. Whisk in the remaining ingredients.
2. Divide the custard mixture between 6 ramekins and place them in a roasting pan so they are not touching. Fill the roasting pan with enough very hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the pan with foil and carefully place it in the middle of the oven.
3. Bake the custards until they are set at the eggs but still a little wobbly in the center when the pan is moved, about 35 minutes. Remove the foil and let the custards cool in the water. Cover and refrigerate before serving.