Purple Potato Mash
Excerpted from Around the World in 80 Purees: Easy Recipes for Global Baby Food by Leena Saini.
- 4 small purple potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Butter to taste
- Salt to taste
- Squeeze of lime juice, optional
1. MAKE: In a 2-quart saucepan, place potatoes and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until fork-tender. Drain. Pass potatoes through a ricer or mash with a fork until smooth, adding water as necessary.
2. SERVE: Stir in cilantro, butter, and salt. Add lime juice (if using). Serve warm.