Quinoa-Bean Salad for a Crowd
This recipe can be halved to feed 6. It's an appealing, nourishing, vegan, gluten-free grain salad that's great for picnics and potlucks since it can be made in advance.
- 2 cups quinoa
- Kernels sliced from 4 ears of corn
- 1 pound green beans, steamed and chopped
- 2 14 ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large, ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and stir in the quinoa. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 12 minutes. Stir in the corn and continue to cook for 3 more minutes. Let sit, covered, for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the quinoa and corn, toss well and serve at any temperature.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.