Rice Salad - A General Approach
Rice salad is, in my opinion, best served at room temperature, never having been refrigerated.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 scallion, minced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup jasmine or white rice, freshly steamed
- 3 cups combination of the following: sliced yellow squash, diced tomatoes, baby spinach or arugula leaves, steamed chopped green beans or sugar snaps, canned beans
- 1 1/2 ounces crumbled feta cheese (look for a pasteurized version if pregnant)
- Chopped fresh herbs (optional)
1. In a salad bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, scallion and salt and pepper. Toss in the warm rice and veggies. Taste and adjust the seasoning and vinegar if desired. Toss in the feta and herbs if using. Serve at room temperature.
- Find out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.