Roasted Broccoli Salad
- 3 broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch cumin seeds
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar or to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, red pepper, onion, salt, cumin and red pepper flakes. Spread the vegetables on a rimmed baking sheet and roast, tossing a few times, for 30 minutes. Set the bowl aside for later.
2. Add the chickpeas and continue to roast until the broccoli is browned and tender, about 10 more minutes.
3. Return the roasted vegetables to the bowl and toss with the crumbled cheese and vinegar to taste. Serve at any temperature.
- Find more out more about this recipe on Mom Appetit's blog.