Salmon and Avocado Sandwich
This deceptively exquisite combination of flavors (not to mention its pairing of protein and omega-3s) might become your new favorite sandwich.
- 1/4 avocado, mashed with 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 slice smoked salmon or 1/4 cup flaked cooked salmon
- 2 slices toasted whole-grain bread
- Arugula leaves
- Freshly cracked black pepper
1. Spread the avocado on both slices of bread. Layer on the salmon and arugula, sprinkle with pepper and close the sandwich. Cut in half and serve.